Some people call this self-sufficiency, but that’s boring. Also, at least for me, a lot of these are things that I’d ONLY do if the world did indeed go KABLOOEY! and not before.
Let me just say here that I don’t really believe that the world is going to go KABLOOEY! I don’t want to go to survivalist training school. Animal husbandry leaves me cold. Sometimes I get excited about buying some land, raising my own (vegetable) food, and living off the “grid”, but then I go look at land and the feeling goes away. Hee hee, I mean come ON, I’ve never even been camping. And I don’t ever WANT to go camping.
Though I will admit, I love, Love, LOVE the Mother Earth News. Just as much as I love the suburbs. Sigh. Sometimes it’s hard to be me.
Nah. I’m pretty sure I’ll always have a store right around the corner to get what I need. But just in case…..
MY KABLOOEY LIST
(Some of these things I can do, and some I can’t. I just mixed them all up together, and just for fun you can try to guess which is which. The KABLOOEY! list is a work-in-progress.).
- Knit my own socks.
- Bake bread without a breadmaker.
- Use a solar cooker.
- Raise my own food.
- Know my way around firearms.
- Sew my own clothes. With a needle, not a sewing machine.
- Wash clothes without electricity and a washing machine (Yuck!).
- Raise sugar cane so I will have plenty of candy if the world goes KABLOOEY!
- Knowledge of Basic First Aid Skills.
- Birth some babies.
- Knowledge of herbal remedies, and what herbal remedies look like before they are herbal remedies .
- Lay in emergency supplies.
- Get some muscles.
- Have a solar powered generator.
- Drink water.
Come to think of it, have solar powered everything.